Thursday, June 19, 2014

Update - A long, cold and snowy winter brings new discoveries!

I've been out of touch lately. In fact I've been spotty on updating for quite a while.

It was an interesting winter and spring - lots of snow, rain and random illnesses among the members of my family. Stomach flu, colds, ear infections, topped of with me catching a bout of pneumonia.

So weird.

I'm also looking for a new job as my career is not where I want it to be. The job application process is very time consuming and uncomfortable. I had a round of interviews for the perfect job. The interviews went really well, but I just found out today that the position went to someone else. Sigh.

I've also made a few interesting discoveries on my thinking like a thin person journey.

I discovered that transition times are an eating trigger. In addition, I've realized that I go out of my way to avoid the uncomfortable feelings from anxiety. This is food related, but also affects other aspects of my life.

Plus I am now exploring a new life strategy. Anything that I need to do, but I don't want to do, I am going to learn to like said activity (such as leaving the house after the kids go to bed).

For the time being, I'm going to write diary type blog posts, so I can keep better track of the day to day happenings.

In any case, I hope you are all well!

Kara


1 comment:

  1. So good to hear from you
    Transition times, waiting times are indeed very tough.
    Good idea to get it down/write to track and as form of talking to yourself
    I listen better to myself thru writing than any other way

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear what you have to say. While you are here, why don't you follow my blog too.

Also: I'm starting to get spam, so I've made the decision to moderate comments (unfortunately).